Okay, so we had a few glitches. When does everything go perfectly smooth anyway?
We (Kris Belcher, her mom, Deann Flynn, her mom, Michael Wilcox and me) arrived in San Jose at 4:00 pm. The first carload left the airport and Kris, her mom and I stayed behind because I was asked to pick up a bag that didn’t make it on the flight before. Jessica, Jenny Oaks Baker’s pianist, checked her suitcase in SLC on the 12:30 flight, but her suitcase decided not to come. Delta told Jessica it would be on my flight and so she asked if I would pick it up. (Are you following all this?)
To make a long story short, the Delta baggage claim was closed so I finally found a Delta service rep. using a white paging phone (it’s fun, I recommend it). The bag wasn’t on my flight either. This wasn’t good. The bag had Jessica’s music and clothes for her performance that night. I never found out how she got replacement music, but I do know she had to go to the mall and buy an outfit.
After my unsuccessful attempt to retrieve the suitcase, we began our journey from San Jose to Pleasanton. It was supposed to take 30 minutes. (Supposed is the key word.) To make another long story short, it took 2 hours! I missed my performance on Friday night because I was sitting in traffic!
Now, lest you think it was all a loss, there were several wonderful things that came out of the weekend.
1. I got to spend time with Stacey Mohan. This was her 10th TOFW – she must hold the record.
2. I ate at Chili’s twice. (It was right next to the hotel.)
3. An unexpected two-hour drive was made completely enjoyable by a wonderful couple – the Pepperman’s. They told us stories of how they met and got engaged. It was really fun!
4. I spent the day with 1,900 incredible women who are making a difference in the lives of everyone around them.
5. I received two gifts…both included chocolate.
6. I learned (again) that the Savior is patient with us. He loves us and knows how hard we try.
7. I had a vanilla/orange ice cream cone that tasted like a dreamsicle. YUMMO!
8. I didn’t sleep through my alarm clock when it went off at 3:40 am so I could catch my flight home.
9. I didn’t sneeze, cough or spontaneously combust during any of my songs.
10. I sang two songs from my new Christmas Cd – “Christmas Once Again” and “Is There Room.”
Have a great week! Blog to you soon,